Haricots Verts with Shallots and Thyme Butter
Delicately thin and full of flavor, haricots verts require very little accompaniment to truly shine. These French-style specialty beans are best with a little butter, a little shallot, and just enough of a saute to make them crisp-tender.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 4-5 sprigs Thyme
- 1 bunch Shallots, diced
- 1 lb Haricots Verts stem end removed (no need to remove the other end)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add thyme and saute, stirring frequently, until very fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove and discard thyme sprigs.
- Add shallots to your thyme-infused butter and saute, stirring frequently, until caramelized and starting to crisp, 4-6 minutes.
- Add haricots verts and stir to combine. Add a few tablespoons of water, cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Remove cover and cook until water evaporates and beans are crisp-tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.