Garlic Roasted Radishes
Peppery when raw, radishes caramelize when roasted, revealing their mellow, sweeter side. Roasting them along with whole garlic cloves enhances their sweetness even further, a delicious flavor combination we like to serve alongside grilled or roasted meats. Even if you’re not a fan of raw radishes, give this recipe a whirl – you may find room on your plate for them after all!
- 1 lb Radishes
- 2 Heads Garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Scrub, trim and halve radishes (quarter if very large). Peel whole garlic cloves. In a large bowl, toss vegetables together with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread vegetables on a baking sheet, ensuring radishes have their cut sides down on the surface to encourage browning.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until the cut side of the radishes are golden brown and a knife blade slides easily through the center of a radish. The skins will wrinkle and take on a golden hue.