Chicken Feet Stock
Make your own liquid gold!
Inexpensive and unassuming, chicken feet are the perfect basis to make your own nourishing, mineral-rich golden broth. Chock full of gelatin, this broth is the kind that achieves a full gel when refrigerated, luxuriously smooth and delicious. Sip on its own, use in gravies and soups, or replace water when cooking grains.
- 2 lb Chicken feet 1 package of Greenacres pastured chicken feet
- Optional: add your favorite ingredients for additional flavor Examples: chopped carrot, onion (keep the papery skin on for a boost of flavor and golden color), celery, garlic, ginger root, whole peppercorns, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, etc.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large stock pot. Add the chicken feet and boil for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the feet. This step removes impurities and keeps your final broth clear.
- If cooking in a stock put: Add prepared feet and all remaining ingredients to your stock pot, and add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 6-8 hours. Check and add a little water as needed to keep the feet submerged.
- If cooking in a pressure cooker or instant pot: Add prepared feet and all remaining ingredients to your pressure cooker or instant pot, and add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Cook at high pressure for 90 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Strain the broth. If desired, continue to boil strained broth on the stovetop to reduce and concentrate the flavor to your liking. Pour into lidded containers or jars. Once cooled, store broth in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze for longer storage.