Give a little love to the Little Miami River this year by volunteering for Saturday Stream Snapshot!
Interested in getting involved? Join us for a Saturday Stream Snapshot Volunteer Breakfast from 10am – 1pm at the Greenacres Water Quality Education Center located at 6040 Price Road in Milford. The schedule will be as follows:
• 10:00 am-10:30 am: Breakfast
• 10:30 am-11:00 am: SSS 2019 Data Sharing Presentation by Dr. Michael Miller
• 11:00 am-1:00 pm: Tour and Volunteer Training
You are welcome to bring friends, family, or others who may be interested in our SSS program. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We hope to see you there! Please note that the Price Road Bridge is still under construction and you will need to arrive via the alternative McClelland Road route.
If you are unable to attend the breakfast, but are still interested in volunteering for SSS, please contact Emily Pickett at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 370-3662.
Saturday Stream Snapshot (SSS) is Greenacres’ water quality monitoring program that protects the health of the Little Miami River Watershed while assisting in our research projects. This program depends on volunteers like you.
What to know as a volunteer:
• A two to three hour (11am to 2pm) time commitment on the Second Saturday of each month from March through November. You don’t have to participate every time!
• There are two different ways to participate. 1) Collection sampler and/or 2) Water chemical testing at our Water Quality Education Center building in Milford. Lunch is provided for those volunteering in the lab.
• No previous water chemical testing or lab experience is needed. This program is very first-time volunteer friendly!
• Great opportunity for individuals looking to gain research experience, interested in STEM, or who are passionate about the health of our rivers and streams.
• A friendly and welcoming environment led by Greenacres staff.