Join us as we explore the spooky senses that make our creepiest animals the coolest! This eerie adventure includes a close look at owls, spiders, and snakes, OH MY! Standards supported are:
- LS Grade 2: Living things cause changes on Earth.
- 3.LS.2: Individuals of the same kind of organism differ in their inherited traits. These differences give some individuals an advantage in surviving and/or reproducing.
- 3.LS.3: Plants and animals have life cycles that are part of their adaptations for survival in their natural environments.
- SIPA Grade 3-5: Observe and ask questions about the world that can be answered through scientific investigations.
- SWK Grade 3-5: Science is a way of knowing about the world around us based on evidence from experimentation and observations.
- LS Grade 5: Organisms perform a variety of roles in an ecosystem.
- SWK Grade 6-8: Science is a way of knowing about the world around us based on evidence from experimentation and observations.
This morning program is geared towards children in grades 2nd through 4th. Join us as our environment educators host a fun and safe family day out that supports grade level academic standards.
Greenacres Children’s Discovery Days
Students may be missing out on in-person field trip options this school year. Greenacres is here to help! Our education team offers Children’s Discovery Days, a series of programs devoted to environment, agriculture, and arts education. Balance the screen time with interactive learning on our preserved woodland, farmland and 1920s Arts Center and grounds.
- Each program supports one of the following grade ranges: 2nd – 6th. We understand these are family experiences which may include broad grade-ranges. Please support a younger (or older) learner who is attending a program outside of the designated grade cluster.
- Register and attend as a family. Children must be accompanied by a designated guardian
- $1 per adult and $1 per child tickets are available for purchase. Please check out with the free “Children Under 3” ticket(s) when toddlers and infants will be in attendance.
- Each program will be held outside and/or in well ventilated, open-air spaces as much as possible. Please dress appropriately for the weather and prepare for uneven terrain
- Closed toed shoes are required. Please wear shoes that can get wet and/or dirty.
- No strollers are permitted.
- No pets may be brought to Greenacres.
- Greenacres Foundation is privately operating; all guests on property must be accompanied by a Greenacres representative at all times. Greenacres Farm Store is open to the public, located at 8255 Spooky Hollow Road 45242.
Visit our farm store web page for store hours and more information: https://green-acres.org/farm/f…
The safety of our staff and visitors has always been a top priority at Greenacres. Please note, these guidelines are subject to change as we continuously monitor CDC and health department recommendations. In order to provide the safest experience for your group, we require these guidelines to be followed:
- There is a maximum of 20 people (total adults and children) for each program
- Each program is two hours
- Our programs are designed to be interactive, therefore individuals, 5 years and up, in attendance will be required to wear a mask or face covering when indoors, with the exception of eating and drinking. Acceptable masks include disposable or cloth masks; face shields alone are not acceptable.
- All guests are required to self-monitor their symptoms and act responsibly prior to entering the Greenacres property. Anyone with a temperature above 100 degrees F is asked not to enter the property.
- Experiences will allow for social distancing. This includes keeping groups small so that family groups have space to spread out.
- Access to soap and water or hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
- Programs will be held outside and/or in well ventilated, open-air spaces as much as possible. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Per Hamilton County Health Department, water fountains with a water crest of 2 inches or higher than the mouth-piece will be available for use. Please bring a personal water bottle, filled.
- Anyone who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 should follow CDC’s guidelines for community exposure.