Learn to make each stage of the creative process gratifying for students through the creation of an illustrated piece of writing that will be complied into a group anthology. What’s more, extend the experience by publishing the content using contemporary formats and media. This workshop will serve as a model that you can apply in any classroom setting.
Acquire tools that will build creativity within your students.
Discover the similarities of the writing and illustration processes.
Attain a clear, replicable model that showcases the stages of writing and illustration.
Learn format and technology options that your students can use to share finished works.
Inspire your students with the power of STEAM.
Graduate credits available through Ashland University.
Upon completion of the series of workshops, participants will know and be able to:
- Create a storyline based on ideas generated in workshops
- Describe a picture of series of pictures he or she would draw/create of an action or actions from his or her storyline.
- Storyboard/illustrate using hand-drawn or media resources his or her storyline.
- Apply contemporary formats and media technology to create a group anthology
- Collaboratively plan and execute a section of a group anthology.
- Apply artistic and creative writing vocabulary when describing product.
- Present and defend quality of work based on a set of criteria
- Share with others a replicable model that showcases the stages of writing and illustration.
- Share with others contemporary formats and media technology for self or group publishing.